JOB LOCATION: ZEELAND, MICHIGAN
This is a First Shift position.
We are an established and steadily growing automation and specialty machine company looking to fill a full-time position with a detail-oriented, dependable person. We offer a competitive wage including an extensive benefits package and a steady flow of work in a creative, innovative environment.
Job Location: Zeeland, Michigan
The Mechanical Design Engineer II is responsible for various tasks within the design process including, but not limited to; designing complete projects and machines of various complexity, creating drawings, generating cut lists and BOMs, updating/revising parts & drawings, and creating job books. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to performing continuous improvements with machine builders and participating in and preparing for machine run-offs.
- 2- or 4-year degree (engineering field preferred)
- Post-Secondary Certificate – awarded for training completed after high school
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- At least 3 years in a job shop/machine shop/machine builder are required
- At least 2 years of complete machine design experience bringing projects from RFQ to run-off
- Experience with and proficiency in SolidWorks required
Skills / Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use and read different types of measuring devices: i.e. tape measures, calipers, micrometers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Eagerness to learn
If you’re a skilled, hardworking, detail-oriented, reliable person and focused on producing a quality, specialized product, we are on the lookout for you.
If you have a creative brain, interesting thoughts, and a good soul and you are seeking a starting point for a potential long-term career, not a job, we are the family-owned upbeat, and onward growing company that you have been looking for.
Send in your resume for consideration. We want to meet you. Because we are interested in those who have what it takes and can add to our great team, we carefully screen each resume. Phone calls will not be considered. Thanks!
Please email your resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com.