JOB LOCATION: ZEELAND, MICHIGAN
We are an established and steadily growing automation and specialty machine company looking to fill a full-time position with a detail-oriented, dependable person. We offer a competitive wage including an extensive benefits package and a steady flow of work in a creative, innovative environment.
Website: www.hil-manautomation.com www.precision-dispense.com
Job Location: Zeeland, Michigan
The Lead Machine Builder will need to have the ability to communicate with internal groups of different disciplines as well as external customers and primary suppliers. This role is key to the liaison between the shop floor and front office to convey the interests and concerns of the President. We build various projects ranging from simple templates and fixtures to fully automated robot work cells. This position requires a strong mechanical background and exceptional attention to detail, along with the ability to build a team.
- Journeymen preferred or equivalent technical experience
- 7-10 years of experience in a related field
- Experience with manufacturing principles
- Preferred experience with SolidWorks
- Project management experience
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Timing of Projects:
- Generate and or update project timelines as needed on a weekly basis
- As project timelines are established or fluctuate – this position will be required to make and implement the necessary actions to meet the timing needs
- As service is required on machinery in the field, it is this role’s responsibility to assign the necessary personnel to remedy the situation in a timely and efficient manner
- A particular job may require this individual to travel with a team
- Project a positive and “can do” attitude at all times
- Maintain/conduct a safe work environment (MiOSHA company role)
- Work with shop personnel to create a more efficient work environment through improved processes
- Work with the builders to create a build standard
- Take pictures of the equipment prior to shipment for filing- make certain this is completed, in coordination with the project administrator
- Management of the mechanical personnel on the shop floor
- Responsible for keeping up with misconduct and poor performance of employees under them and collaborating with President/HR for hiring and firing
- Reviews of department personnel in a timely manner so that increases can be delivered annually in February
- Approve or deny vacation requests
- Build up in a constructive manner, those that report to this position, this is to include additional training as necessary. Provide feedback to personnel from customers and correct issues of particular individuals when necessary
- Maintain close customer relations
If you are a skilled, hardworking, detail-oriented, reliable person and focused on producing a quality, specialized product, we are on the lookout for you.
Have you been in the build trade for a number of years and are ready for the next step?
If you have a creative brain, interesting thoughts, and a good soul and you are seeking a starting point for a potential long-term career, not a job, we are the family-owned upbeat and onward growing company that you have been looking for.
Send in your resume for consideration. We want to meet you. Because we are interested in those who have what it takes and can add to our great team, we carefully screen each resume. Phone calls will not be considered. Thanks!
Please email your resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com.