We are an established and steadily growing automation and specialty machine company looking to fill a full-time position with a detail-oriented, dependable person. We offer a competitive wage including an extensive benefits package and a steady flow of work in a creative, innovative environment.
Job Location: Zeeland, Michigan
The position of Controls Engineer is responsible for creating control solutions and troubleshooting existing systems while coordinating with mechanical engineers, electricians, and assemblers. This position does have median travel expectations of about 10-12 times a year. (3-4) day trips. It is imperative that this person is a team player that has individual motivation.
- High School Diploma
- 2-5 years of experience required
- Valid driver’s license
- Thorough understanding of Allen Bradley PLC’s (Safety and standard controllers), servos, robots (ABB, Motoman, Fanuc), and vision systems (Cognex and Keyence).
- Ability to design controls systems from 3D mechanical models
- BricsCAD – for Electrical and Pneumatic Schematics.
- Work with the mechanical designers to help create control solutions.
- Design Electrical and Pneumatic schematics.
- Reading and understanding manuals.
- Troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to learn
- Organizational skills
- PC and typing skills
- Reading comprehension
- Time management skills
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Machine safety design (Electrical and Pneumatic)
If you’re a skilled, hardworking, detail-oriented, reliable person focused on producing a quality, specialized product, we are on the lookout for you.
If you have a creative brain, interesting thoughts, and a good soul and you are seeking a starting point for a potential long-term career, not a job, we are the family-owned upbeat and onward growing company that you have been looking for.
Send in your resume for consideration. We want to meet you. Because we are interested in those who have what it takes and can add to our great team, we carefully screen each resume. Phone calls will not be considered. Thanks!
Please email your resume and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.